You have the option to tag requests automatically from our integration. See more about how to set up auto-tagging here.
Why is this important?
Request tags are an incredibly flexible way to track groups of requests, segment your reports and analyze demand on your product at a granular level.
You can add as many tags to each requests as you'd like, and you can view them in:
- The "Reports" tab. Request tag filters are "sticky" so you can compare and contrast an endless combination of tags.
- You can also view your groups of features under the "Browse" tag. Just click "All features" at the top to filter your list of requests by tag.
Some ideas for tags to use:
- Product area (UX/UI, Reporting, etc)
- Projects (integrations, tests, etc.)
- Function (communication, onboarding, etc)
- Account manager, Receptive owner, etc
- Anything else you need to analyze in your reports at the feature level
To add a tag to a request, just open a request and click "Edit".
In the "Tags" field, start typing your tag name. Hit enter to create each tag. Any existing tags will be auto populated as you start typing.
Don't forget you can use categories to organize your tags. Simply use the formula:
When you import your csv backlog, you can set the tags field and import them in bulk. Learn more here.
Related feature request in Receptive: Bulk / Mass edit features (To open that request, make sure you're logged into your Receptive account and then select "Request Receptive feature" from the menu.)