NOTE: This doc explains how to install the JIRA add-on for Receptive. If you have already done this and want to know how to use the add-on, head here.
What you need to install the JIRA add-on
In order to get started with the add-on, you need:
- Admin access to JIRA, including the ability to add/configure add-ons.
- A Receptive username and password.
How to install Receptive’s JIRA add-on (Quick)
Here's the quick version of the instructions, for those familiar with installing JIRA add-ons.
1. In JIRA, head to the "Manage add-ons" section.
2. Search for "Receptive".
3. Click to install the Receptive add-on.
4. Go to "Manage", then "Configure Receptive add-on".
5. Use your Receptive login details to authorize the add-on.
6. Configure your actions.
7. Click to save.
How to install Receptive’s JIRA add-on (Detailed)
The integration is a standard add-on from the Atlassian Marketplace. It takes a few minutes to install & configure. Here’s the full video. Written instructions are also given below:
Log into your company's JIRA account and go to the settings cog in the top-right.
Add-ons from the drop-down menu:
Receptive then click the blue
Follow the process - there will be a few dialogue boxes asking you to confirm. The installation takes a few seconds. Once it’s complete, you’ll see the following:
How to configure the JIRA add-on
After installation, you need to click the
Note: When you do this for the first time, a dialogue box will appear asking you to enter you Receptive username and password.
You will see 2 tabs - one for
Receptive actions and the other for
JIRA actions. You need to check the configuration for both of these tabs.
This tab is where you choose:
- The state a feature request has in Receptive when an issue is created in JIRA e.g., When the status of a Receptive feature request changes to Planned, then an issue is automatically created in Receptive
- The default project new issues are assigned to
- The default issue type assigned (Task, Sub-task, Story, Bug, Epic)
- The JIRA field that the Receptive feature Title goes into
- The JIRA field that the Receptive feature Description goes into
Note: The project, issue type, title and description fields are all defaults. These can be edited on the Receptive side before the issue is created in JIRA.
This tab is where you choose the status that the JIRA issue has to trigger the feature request being set to
Released in Receptive. E.g., when an issue is marked as
Done in JIRA, any linked feature requests in Receptive will automatically have their status changed to
Released. When this action occurs, all customers and team members who follow that feature will automatically be notified.
Note: You can select multiple statuses if required.
Once you have configured both tabs, click the
Save button and you are ready to go!
Find out more about how to use the JIRA add-on.