If you aren’t ready to integrate with Receptive, you can simply issue invites to those who you do want to have in the system. Bear in mind that the integration is flexible: you can launch to a sub-set of customers first, or completely control what your customers see. But if integrating isn't immediately on the cards, you do have other options.*
You can choose between using the API to bulk add customers, or manually inviting them through the UI.
Using the API
Our API enables you to invite multiple customers into Receptive at once, using the "POST /users/invite_end_user" command.
This is easier and quicker than manually inviting your customers in, but doesn't require the integration.
You can learn more about our API here.
Manually Inviting in Customers
Log in to your Receptive account and click "Customers" on the left-hand navigation.
On the right-hand side you'll see a button labelled "New customer / prospect".
Click on that button and a form will open up. Filling in this form and clicking "Create Customer" will then add the customer to Receptive.
The information you need to fill in on the form is:
- Full name
- Email address - so they will receive an invitation
- Account name - company name the user belongs to
- Status - select "paying" if the user belongs to a customer that is on one of your paid accounts. This will allow you to split out the requirements and priorities of paying vs free accounts in Receptive's reporting. Select "not paying" if the user does not belong to a paid account. Select "prospect" if the user is a prospect.
- Monthly value - the monetary value that the customer pays you (or will potentially pay you) each month - this will let you split out the request and priorities of your customers based on value (high vs low value) accounts
- Invite by email?
- Select "Yes" if you'd like your customer to be notified. (Notifications won't be sent if customer notifications are turned off on your settings page.)
- Select "No" if you'd like to use Receptive on their behalf, without notifying them.
*Note that for optimal usage, we do recommend integrating Receptive with your product. It automates a lot of the steps described above, provides a seamless SSO login for your end users, and ensures your users' data is always up-to-date.