It’s very easy to populate your Receptive account with a CSV file.
Whether you have a spreadsheet with dozens of columns of data or simply a single column of ideas, you just need to save the file in CSV format (UTF-8) and use our import tool.
When starting out with Receptive, we recommend populating your account with at least:
- 20 requests from your backlog - Update the status of these features to "Awaiting feedback".
- 5 recent releases - Import any recently released items and set the status to "Released" to start populating your release log.
- A few items that are currently in progress or on your roadmap - set the status to "Planned" or "Building" to automatically add these onto your What's Coming list.
You want to show your customers + teams what to expect when they login to Receptive so they'll want to come back and check for updates!
How to import your feature CSV file
You will have the ability to designate a column in your CSV for your Receptive feature requests:
- Title (minimum required, 256 character limit)
- Products / Modules - these must already exist within Receptive before you import
Once you have your CSV file, make sure it's saved as Unicode UTF-8.
Click "Upload file".
If your CSV has a header row, select “Yes”. Choose the appropriate title, description, and tag columns and leave the rest as the default
Not used. As you choose the columns, you’ll see a preview of how your data will be imported into Receptive.
Once you’re happy with the setup, select
Import. Once your data has imported, you will have a confirmation message listing the number of features that were imported.
Example CSV file
This is the example CSV file after it has been uploaded. Note that the markdown is still visible here.
And then this is how the request will look in Receptive:
If you have any problems, just email email@example.com and attach the CSV file you’d like to import.