What do I need to know before I import my backlog?
You'll want to think about how you want your tags and modules set up in Receptive, because these can be brought in all at once via your import file. If you set these up before you import, you won't have to lift a finger afterwards!
It’s very easy to populate your Receptive account with a CSV file (UTF-8) using our import tool.
We recommend populating your account with at least:
- 20 requests from your backlog
- 5 recent releases
- A few items that are currently in progress or on your roadmap
You want to show your customers + teams what to expect when they login to Receptive so they'll want to come back and check for updates!
How to import your CSV file
You will have the ability to designate a column in your CSV for your Receptive feature requests:
- Title (minimum required, 256 character limit)
- Products / Modules - these must already exist within Receptive before you import
Once you have your CSV file, make sure it's saved as Unicode UTF-8.
Click "Upload file".
If your CSV has a header row, select “Yes”. Choose the appropriate title, description, and tag columns and leave the rest as the default
Not used. As you choose the columns, you’ll see a preview of how your data will be imported into Receptive.
Once you’re happy with the setup, select
Import. Once your data has imported, you will have a confirmation message listing the number of features that were imported.
Example CSV file
This is the example CSV file after it has been uploaded. Note that the markdown is still visible here.
And then this is how the request will look in Receptive:
If you have any problems, just email [email protected] and attach the CSV file you’d like to import.
- Backlog items to "Awaiting feedback"
- Recent releases to "Released" to start populating your release log
- Roadmap items to "Planned" or "Building" to automatically add these onto your What's Coming list.