How to set up multi-products / modules:
- How to add a new product or module
- Assigning your customers to specific products
- Assigning products manually
How to add a new product or module
Start by heading over to your settings menu by clicking the drop-down menu in the top-right corner and selecting “Settings”.
Then, scroll down until you see the multiple products box. Here you can click “Manage products”.
This shows a screen with the option to add a new product or edit existing products.
Fill in the name of your new product and click the “Add Product” button.
This will add a new product to your Receptive dashboard.
Your current feature requests will be assigned to your initial product, named after your company. So after adding your first product, you will see two products. One will be the one you have just created, and the other will be your initial product.
Note: every time you add a new product, you need to update the integration in order to give your customers access to them.
Assigning your customers to specific products
Your current end users (and any that you manually invite through your UI) will automatically be assigned to your initial product.
What this means is that your end users will only be able to view the feature requests associated with your first product.
Simply use the key for "user.allowed_products" when creating or updating your snippet in step one here.
The external ID for an existing product can be found here or go to Settings > Multiple Products and select "Manage products". The ID is in parenthesis to the right of the product name:
For example, the external ID for "Module 1" is 'reporting-module-266601e4'.
Details on how the "user.allowed_products" key works:
- Leaving out the 'allowed_products' field in the snippet will leave the product settings for each user as currently set.
- To remove product access from users, you will need to specify an empty list as their allowed_products field. (However each user will always need at least one product associated, and if set to an empty list in the snippet, then the default (first) product will be assigned to the user.)
- You can also create a new product on the fly via the integration by using a new external ID in the integration snippet.
Assigning products manually
If you want to manually change the products associated with an end user prior to assigning access via the integration (above), you can edit the "Allowed products" from their edit profile page:
To learn more on how to use multi-product once you've set it up, head here.