Why is this important?
You can tailor your request form so that you ask the questions you want to ask and collect all of the relevant data you need to make great product decisions.
This puts you more in control of your Receptive experience.
We recommend asking targeted questions to understand your customer's pain points and really get to the bottom of what they're actually trying to accomplish with your product.
Here's are two examples:
Some additional options:
- What problems are you experiencing?
- What is your goal?
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- How does this help you?
- What's your expected outcome?
- How does this affect your workflow?
- What is your current workaround?
- How often does this happen?
- What's the impact of this?
- How much are you spending to solve this problem?
- How does this problem impact your business?
To customize your request form, you need to head over to the settings page by clicking on the top-right menu and selecting settings.
Then select "Customize suggest form" section and click on the button that says "Customize suggest form".
That takes you through to the form builder. Your current form appears on the right-hand side. On the left you will see three different elements.
- Text Block - A passage of text, no response input from your end user. Used to give more information if required.
- Single-Line Field - A question with a single line of space given for the answer. Used for short questions requiring a word or phrase.
- Multi-Line Field - A question with multiple lines of space given for the answer. Used for longer questions which require more in-depth answers.
You can use any combination of these elements on your form.
To add an element to your form, drag and drop it into the form, making sure to insert it in the order you want it to appear.
You will then be able to type in your text (for the text block) or your question (for both single and multi-line fields).
Once you've entered your text or question, simply click away from the element and it will add it to the form.
To edit an element, you need to click on the pencil icon on the top-right corner of the element you wish to change.
To delete an element, click on the cross in the top-right corner of the element you wish to remove.
You can also set a question to be a required question by clicking the checkbox at the bottom of the element.
NOTE: You can't remove the top element, only edit it.
To reorder the elements, you click on the up-down arrow in the top-left corner of the element and then drag and drop the element into the correct position.
You'll also see a box labelled "Files". This determines whether your users are allowed to upload files when they fill in the form.
Checking the box labelled "Allow customer uploads" will turn this feature on for your users.
Note that there is a size limit of 1GB for file uploads.
Your end users are able to edit and remove their files at any time. If you remove the option to upload files, any previously uploaded files will remain, but can be removed at your discretion.
Finally, once you've created your form exactly how you'd like it, you can save it by clicking the green "Save Form Layout" button at the bottom of the form builder.